Cavaliers Holdings LLC — Senior Manager of Housekeeping Posted 8 months ago
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Senior Manager of Housekeeping is responsible for the cleanliness of the entire Arena with consideration of guests, employees, and three professional sports teams. Supervision of the Housekeeping team of 110 team members providing cleanliness and safety for our guests and team members .Duties involve daily cleaning, year round condition and support for 175-200 events per year of a wide variety of world class entertainment.
The Senior Manager of Housekeeping will coordinate work efforts with VP of Facility Operations, Sr. Director of Guest Experience, Director of Housekeeping, Chief Engineer, Sr. Director of Security, Building Maintenance Employees, Building Crew, and Event Staff. The Senior Manager of Housekeeping will report directly to the Director of Housekeeping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scheduling the cleaning of executive offices, administrative offices, rest rooms, carpeting, professional locker/training rooms, exterior of the building (glass, facades, lighting, railings, steps, etc.), suites, guest viewing areas, event employee locker rooms and underground service area.
- Maintain payroll, hire, dismiss, train, schedule, and enforce company work and safety rules for one hundred and ten union employees.
- Responsible for the knowledge, training, repair, and supervision of housekeeping supplies and equipment and their effective and safe use.
- Works with and develops the skills of the Housekeeping Coordinators to assist with, and execute in lieu of, all the responsibilities of the department. This includes the use of housekeeping computer programs in Excel, Word, Calendar Creator, and e-Time.
Develops and coordinates all summer maintenance projects:
- Shampooing carpets for entire building
- Clean exterior glass and framework, facades, walk ways, sconces, and railings.
- Clean all building seats - portable and fixed (cushions sides and backs).
- Clean suites - complete detail cleaning of fixtures, cabinets, vents, refrigerators, televisions, seating area, and rest rooms.
- Detailed cleaning of all public restrooms - fixtures, flooring, partitions, and vents
- Detailed cleaning of stairwells - vents, high dusting, railing and stairs.
- Repair and maintenance of terrazzo flooring on all levels
- Clean/maintain all portable sections of the arena seating includes metal decking, chairs, and space behind each.
- Detailed cleaning of underground service area including mechanical rooms, pressure washing floor, and overhead door.
- Strip and seal floors in guest seating area.
- Clean all mechanical rooms -- dust, sweep and mop.
- Clean all catwalk area -- dust sweep and mop.
- High dust ductwork, lights, vents. and cable trays in marshalling, underground service area, and all finished room areas (locker rooms, offices, hallways, and concourses.
Have good oral and written communication skills; Be very flexible regarding work hours, often working multiple shifts, weekends, and third shift; Have some word processing, spreadsheet and computer skills. Experience in WordPerfect and Excel preferred; Be able to work effectively with all levels of staff, management, owners, and players; Be very flexible. Events and activities change at moment’s notice and must be able to adapt; Organize and prioritize work to allow handling more than one project at a time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.